Italian Sausage with Red Grapes
The found affinity between Perri® Sweet Italian Sausage and ripe red grapes is showcased in this delightful dish.
Sausage used in this recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) PERRI® Sweet Italian Sausage
- 3 cups red seedless grapes, halved
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown sausage on each side; add the grapes, onion and half the wine. Cover and cook until onions are tender and sausage is fully cooked; about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the remaining wine and oregano; cook until wine is reduced by half and thickened.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with mint; toss to combine.