Sausage Alfredo with Lemon and Peas
Perri® Hot or Sweet Italian Sausage combined with a creamy alfredo sauce, peas and zesty lemon will have guests coming back for more!
Sausage used in this recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) PERRI® Hot or Sweet Italian Sausage
- 11 package (16 ounces) fusilli pasta
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups (5 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 container (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, to garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and reserve 1 cup of cooking water; set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage according to package directions. Cut into coin-sized pieces; set aside and keep warm.
- In a large skillet, cook and stir garlic in butter over medium heat until tender; about 3 minutes.
- Add the pasta, sausage, Parmesan cheese, mascarpone cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, peas, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir until cheeses are melted; add reserved pasta water to thin sauce as desired.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Perri® is a registered trademark of Johnsonville, LLC