Sausage Risotto Stuffed Mushrooms
Perri® Sweet Italian Sausage combined with creamy gorgonzola risotto stuffed in a portabella mushroom cap makes this a hearty first course or light lunch everyone will love.
Sausage used in this recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) PERRI® Sweet Italian Sausage, casings removed
- 12 large portabella mushroom caps, stems and gills removed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh minced chives
- Additional Parmesan cheese, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Drizzle mushroom caps with olive oil; place stem side down on a baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes; drain and place stem side up.
- In a skillet, cook and crumble sausage over medium heat until browned and fully cooked; about 5-7 minutes and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook and stir the baby portabella mushrooms and onion in butter over medium heat until tender; about 3-5 minutes. Add rice; cook and stir until toasted.
- In a saucepan, heat the broth. Add ½ cup warm broth to the rice mixture; cook and stir until evaporated. Add another ½ cup; repeat until rice is tender and broth is absorbed, stirring with each addition.
- Add the sausage, wine, cheeses, salt and pepper; cook and stir until cheeses are melted.
- Fill each mushroom cap with the sausage and rice mixture. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with chives and additional Parmesan cheese.